Sunday, October 15, 2006

Possible change in decorating plans???

Woke up to rain this morning, but that's ok, because it isn't snow, thank God! I guess Ontario got quite the dumping of snow, and so did Buffalo, NY. I like snow, as long as it doesn't go on the roads or sidewalks. It can just snow on the grass, I don't need the grass anymore this year!
Last night I awoke around 3 am. I was a bit worried, as I hadn't felt my 'little guy' moving for awhile. So, I got up and waited.............and waited..............and nothing. I am starting to get worried. Dave was hungry, so he threw a pizza in the oven, (How typical of Dave!! LOL). I thought maybe if I ate/drank something, maybe my little guy would 'get moving.' He usually moves quite a bit. Still nothing. By then, I am really starting to worry, (Because I am the world's biggest worrier). I tried to go back to sleep, with no luck. I thought maybe I should go check it out. So to the hospital I go. They are so good there! I love how they don't make you feel stupid for worrying. So I get hooked up to the monitors, and breathed a sigh of relief when I finally heard my son's heartbeat! Of course, they monitored me for about a half an hour, just to be sure all was good..........and it was........thank God! He really woke up when the monitor was on, (Due to the sound waves) I was sooooo happy he was ok. I did feel just a bit stupid, because my son was probably just napping........and I woke him up!!! I keep telling myself I did what I thought was right, because I'd rather be safe than sorry. I mean, if there was something wrong with him, and I didn't do anything, I'd feel really, really horrible! But still.....I think I must be the most paranoid mother on earth!!! Not good!
On another note: Our baby's room is done, with the exception of the decorations. I am not having much luck in finding my 'teddy bear' items. Dave did have another idea, though. Dave is a die-hard Montreal Canadiens fan, and in 'his' garage, he has a lot of paraphenelia. (Did I spell that right?) Anyhow, he wants to give our son his Montreal Canadiens stuff, and maybe find a border with some hockey players/sticks, etc. I am actually ok with that. I did really want 'teddy bears', but then again, this is Medicine Hat, and finding stuff you really want isn't always that easy. I am sure I could find something relating to hockey that is 'teddy bear' related. I did see some 'teddy bear' football/baseball border a few weeks ago. Even if we didn't do the border until baby comes, I am ok with that, because the main things we need, such as crib, change table, etc are all done. So I guess we'll just have to see what we can find. My dad and brother are already talking about our son playing hockey, and he isn't even here yet! Jay, my brother, already has plans to take him to an Edmonton Oilers game.! (Jay lives in Edmonton) I did grow up in a 'hockey' family, so it is understandable. I had 2 step brothers and my brother Jay growing up. Plus my dad plays 'oldtimers' hockey. Hockey was our life.
Another pregnancy discomfort I have picked up, and at times it really hurts, is 'sciatica.' I asked the nurse at the hospital, and she said that is probably what it was. I have a sharp pain running from my lower back, through my right butt cheek, and down my leg a little ways. My son must be pressing some nerve in there! It is better today, and hopefully it'll stay that way.
I must say, I am getting very impatient now! I want this baby to come out.....NOW! LOL. Not so much from discomfort, but I really want to hold him! I am tired of loving him while he's in my 'tummy.' I want him to love....in person!
Dave thinks he's going to be a November baby. I agree. Dave says he'll arrive during the day, November 2nd or 3rd. I say he'll come November 6th, at night. (I'll let everyone know who wins this one!!!)
ttfn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hockey rocks! In case you haven't read my blog lately...i am a hockey nut!

wow i haven't thought about Jay for a while. Haven't talked to him in ages either. How is he doing? He's married now, isn't he?

A bunch of people in my family have sciatica. I get it sometimes, but thankfully it doesn't last. Still a pain in the butt though! (teehee).

I hope everything else is good. Maybe you could find some hockey playing bears?? My brother decorated their nursery with bear stuff, he got it all from sears. It was so adorable. Kenzie still sleeps in the nursery, because she won't get rid of her "bearies".

Cheers.

Lisanne said...

Please don't worry one bit about going to the hospital to get checked out. That's totally what they're there for, and I'm glad to know that your little guy is OK. I noticed several weeks ago that our daughter wasn't moving around as much as before; I was *really* worried. But that was only for a few days, and she perked right up! hehe :) Gosh, we really don't have much longer, do we???