Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's a........................!!!!!!

It's a BOY!!!!! I am totally excited!!!! The Doctor did an ultrasound today to see if baby was breech. Baby is not breech......yay! And then he said, "Here is the scrotum...." I was like, "Oh, it's a boy!!" Dave was at work and was unable to attend this appointment, so I brought my mom-in-law. After the appointment, we went to a store and I bought a blue balloon that said "It's a boy!" I got it filled with helium, then drove to Dave's work, and showed him the balloon. I am not sure the color of the balloon registered right away, because he had to read the balloon first, it was so funny! When it did finally register, he just hugged me and said "I knew it!!" I honestly would have been just excited if it had been a girl, and I know he would have been too! I am happy that my son is healthy!!!!! Wow, what a NEAT thing to say!! "MY SON!!!" WOW!!!!! Of course, he did not say 100% it was a boy, but he was pretty sure, and my mother-in-law said she saw his little penis. (She was a nurse before she retired.) I was soooo excited, I had to phone my grandma, and my dad and stepmom. I am just so happy I am now able to say "My son" instead of calling him "IT" or "Baby." Now, Dave and I need to agree on a boy's name. We had both agreed on the girl's name, but we had only thought of a few boy names. But, I am sure we'll come up with some names pretty quick.
Well that was my day. Tomorrow I'll come off of "Cloud Nine" and maybe get my laundry done!!

2 comments:

nicole said...

holy cow it's a mini dave!!! thats fantastic shar. and happy birthday too! i hope all is well as the due date creeps up on you. wish i could be there, but...well, i do get a few days off here and there, so ya never know..hehe...
glad to hear dave's able to get back to work again. i know he hates being cooped up and all.

have your cramps and chest pain settled down? did you ever find out what was causing the discomfort (baby kicking, braxton hicks contractions, etc...)

i'll be watching this blog like an e-hawk!

ttfn!

Anonymous said...

wow congratulations!! Sharla i'm so excited for you. What an amazing thing. Then you'll have to have a little girl for your little guy to protect! it's so amazing having older brothers. I'm so happy for you and Dave. I'll be praying for you, of course that all is well and you'll be safe and healthy when the time comes. Keep updating, i love hearing whats going on with you!

Love,
Dyanna