Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I was hoping I wouldn't have to go anywhere until after the baby is born, but no such luck. Dave has to go to Calgary on October 10th to see a Dr. for his back. This is a 'Workman's Compensation Board' approved Dr, and they just wanted their own Doctor to check on Dave's back. Of course, I am going to go with him. I'd feel better having him near if I should suddenly go into labor. And if I did have to give birth in Calgary, which, by the way is an excellent place to give birth, at least Dave would be there. Compensation will pay for his time off work for that day, meals, and gas. Otherwise we'd be up the creek. I am STILL waiting for my employers to send my 'Record of Employment' so I can collect maternity benefits. They are sooooo slow. Plus Dave has not yet received his compensation cheque, so we both have had no income for a few weeks and things are getting pretty tight around here! But we'll manage somehow, and he is now back at work.
Tomorrow I will potentially learn the sex of our baby............I am so excited!!!! I can't wait. (Hopefully baby will 'show' itself)

1 comment:

Lisanne said...

WOW! Yay! I sure hope that your baby cooperates! hehe :) How exciting! Definitely let me know ... how does it feel to know the gender of your baby so late into your pregnancy? Do you feel like you'll be rushing around trying to buy pink or blue stuff? hehe :)