Monday, October 16, 2006

I have officially lost my marbles!!

Oh, what a day!! I think my hormones are really, really messed up! I was watching tv today, flipping around the channels, when I came across a Canadian show, based out of Vancouver, called "Animal ER." Well, most people who know me, know I really like dogs. Of course, there was this cute little 'Maltese' dog, and her name was 'Honey.' She was 14 years old, and was suffering from congestive heart failure. She was having problems breathing, due to fluid in her lungs. The vets had to give her oxygen. She was whining and crying. The funny part about this: My dog, Peanut, who was in the living room, heard this little dog's crying on the tv, and he was looking around to see where the heck this dog was who was crying. It was so cute! He looked everywhere in the living room, and I couldn't help but laugh. The part where I lose my marbles: The little Maltese dog died, and it totally broke my heart!!! I started crying!!!! My dog, Peanut, came up and licked my tears. I could not believe I was CRYING, for a dog I had never met! Then another dog, a black lab, broke his pelvis, and it was going to cost 3 or 4 thousand $ to fix. So the owner had him put down. I bawled my eyes out!!!! It was so sad. Am I not sad???? I could not bring myself to change the channel! So, that is why I have lost my marbles! LOL. Dave just thought it was funny when I told him. Last week in the news, some "LOSER" teens, aged 19 and 17 were charged with cruelty to animals by dragging a dog behind a vehicle, and had a rope tied tightly around it's neck. This made me so mad! I hope they get dragged behind a car and a rope tied around their necks! The sad part is, the dog was still alive after this, and had to be euthanized! (Sorry about the graphic details) I just can't stop thinking about it!
On a good note: I finally cleaned my fridge out today!!!!! It hurt at times to do it, but at least it is done! Tomorrow I'll be up for more wonderful chores, and I take my dog for his last haircut before it gets really cold. He'll be good until spring, or close to it!
Well, I am off to bed! That fridge cleaning and dishes did me in!

3 comments:

Lisanne said...

I can't bear to see awful things happening to animals. It just tears at my heart. So I completely understand why you cried ~ I would have, too. I sometimes skip over those shows because I know that I'll get too emotional. :(

Anonymous said...

I hate what we do to animals. I couldn't believe it when i heard about those kids! And it was their OWN dog. I couldn't imagine tying a rope around my dog's neck and dragging him around till he was dead. People who do things like that to animals should be charged with murder. Pets are people too!

Don't feel bad, i cry when i watch Animal Cops. And Sex in the city. And Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I'm a ball baby these days.

nicole said...

i also cry at extreme home makeover; and bad news on the radio (child/animal abuse/murder)

aint nothing wrong with having emotions!

my problem is hearing horrendous news about death/torture/abuse on the radio when i am trying to drive...i have had to pull over to clear my eyes.