Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A day to practice motherhood........

A quiet day here. Poor Dave was pretty sick today, hacking his lungs out. Hopefully he won't give it to me, because when I get sick, my asthma really flares up.
I got a chance to practice 'motherhood' today. My friend, Karen, was in town for a funeral, and she didn't want to take her 4 year old daughter, Sara with. So, I looked after Sara for a few hours this afternoon. She really enjoyed taking my dog, 'Peanut' for a walk, and playing with him in the backyard. We also colored, drew pictures and read 'barbie' stories. Luckily, I have various kids books on hand, so it was easy to occupy her time. Dave's friend, Dale had 2 daughters who are now grown up, and he gave me a bunch of kid's books. Of course, this was before we found out we were having a boy, but, hey, I'll read barbie books to my son if he wants to hear them. There's also 'Elmo' books, etc, so it's not just 'girly' books. She really was a perfect 'angel'. She has great manners, knows her phone number, etc. When we were walking the dog we had to cross the street. I asked her, "What do we do before we cross the street?" She immediately replied, "We look both ways!" So her mom has done a great job with her and her 7 year old brother. I hope I can do the same.
Tomorrow I have my weekly visit to my ob/gyn. (I see him every week now) I also see my regular physician to check on my asthma and other stuff. So, all in all, things are pretty good around here.

2 comments:

Lisanne said...

I'm *so* glad that things are going well for you. Congratulations on doing a *great* job with "practice motherhood"! hehe :) You will be a great mom, I know it. Hope your OB appointment goes well. I had a routine one today.

Anonymous said...

little kids are great! especially when you know that you can send them home to their parents! haha! Sounds like your friend knows what she's doing. a lot of parents these days forget about basic things like crossing streets safely.

I hope Dave feels better soon. I hope you don't get it, that would be disastrous! Take lots of Vitamin C and drink lots of green tea and you'll be fine!

Hope everything else is well with you and that you are taking the time to rest and recuperate before the "big day"! I can't wait until i read your blog and hear that you've had your baby. I'm so excited for you, motherhood is such an amazing thing! I know you're going to be a great mom, you're such an amazing person. I've truly been blessed to get to know you all these years!

Well, back to the books!
Cheers,
D.