Sunday, October 08, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday, October 7th was my 31st birthday. I wasn't feeling all that great, so I spent the day mostly at home. I did go to my mother-in-laws for cake, though. I came right home from there and crashed, I was exhausted. I did wake up to go to the bathroom a few times, take tylenol for my headache, and then I got hungry at 4am! Dave was also hungry, (As he usually is) so he made tacos. Dave is so funny, he can eat anytime, day or night. Finally, I got back to sleep, only to have to make sure Dave was up for work at 7am. Stayed up for awhile, but managed to go back to sleep for another couple of hours. Got up, made myself some perogies (I have been craving them for a few days now!), and will soon go to my mother-in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner. I have been wondering one thing: Why do we Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving at such a different time than the Americans do? I am going to have to look that one up!
I do wish my energy level would pick up, though. It's weird: I'll have a short energetic spurt, in which I'll get things done, but then the fatigue comes back. Yesterday, I did manage to clean my kitchen up for the most part. I washed floors and did some dishes. But soon after I was ready for nappy time, lol! I feel bad that my energy level is so poor. I feel like I should be getting more things done. I mean, I haven't exactly neglected things, the laundry, dishes and floors are getting done, but I still feel like I should be doing more. Like, for example, I'd really love to wipe out my fridge! The darn thing really needs it, plus I would love to vacuum my living room. I think tomorrow, I just may have to make myself do it, tired or not, because it needs to get done! I honestly can't wait until we rip out our living room carpet! I really hate carpet with a passion, it does nothing good for my allergies! But, off I go to get some Thanksgiving Turkey! Later everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sharla!! Don't worry about your house so much. Pretty soon you won't have time to get ANYTHING DONE. It's a good thing Dave is willing to make you dinner at 4am, because once little guy comes you'll be up anyways so you may as well munch!! Hope all is well. God bless,
Dyanna

nicole said...

there are a few theories on why we celebrate thanksgiving at an earlier time. one such theory is that when some famous dud back then (we also started celebrating a number of years before the whole pilgrim/native thing happened in the u.s.)got sick, we gave thanks for his recovery (dont ask me names or dates, terry sez he was the current prince of wales and possibly the governor general at the time...). next of course is the seasonal difference, we harvest sooner than most of the u.s. so, ya, i learned something from watching CBC!! ha!