Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I am really getting excited! Hard to believe there's only about a month left to go in my pregnancy! Sometimes it's so hard to sleep at night! Had a pretty busy weekend. Attended April and Andrew's wedding in the 'Cypress Hills' on Saturday. It was soooo beautiful there, but a little windy. The leaves are changing rapidly, but it looks really cool. I had to laugh at Ethan, April and Andrew's son. At the wedding reception, April's mother-in-law was talking about them, referring to them as 'April' and 'Andrew.' Ethan pipes up, saying,"Who's April and Andrew?" Everyone at the hall was laughing! Of course, Ethan, at age three, only knows his parents as 'mom' and 'dad', not 'April' and 'Andrew.'
Sunday evening, I went to my grandma's house in Maple Creek, which is about an hour away. She had an appointment in Medicine Hat the next morning at 11am. I am usually the one who takes her to appointments, and so it was easier to just go Sunday night and stay the night. The drive up there was a bit uncomfortable. I kept having a lot of pain in my pelvic area, that at times took my breath away. But, in the end, I made it.
Monday we were on the road and back in Medicine Hat for her 11am appointment. We had lunch, plus I took her shopping for a few items. Maple Creek is pretty much a 'one-horse' town, so shopping there is really not great. Eventually, around 4pm, we arrived back in Maple Creek, and we chatted for awhile. But I did decide on one thing: No more road trips, unless absolutely necessary, until after BABY is born. I am just too uncomfortable driving these days, plus I would feel better staying closer to home, just in case I do happen to go into labor earlier than expected. I mean, next week I will be 37 weeks pregnant, which means my baby will be considered full-term!!! So, there's a chance this baby can come anytime. I personally don't think that baby will arrive for another few weeks, but you just never know!
Thursday, October 5th is my ultrasound to see if baby is 'breech.' Hopefully we'll get a sneak-peek at baby's 'lower' areas to see if we are having a boy or girl. I really cannot stand the suspense anymore. Yes, I know this baby will be here soon, but I am still curious as to the sex of our baby.
Dave is now back at work, his back being pretty good now. I was worried his back would never heal, but thankfully, he's on the mend.
Hopefully I get some sleep tonight, as the past few nights have been pretty restless. Grandma's town has a train that goes through it at least once an hour, (She lives quite close to the tracks) and last night, I was just unable to sleep or get comfortable. Plus, I have had these really dumb headaches almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. Grandma gave me some money for my birthday (coming up on October 7th) and I think I just might treat myself to a massage. Maybe it will help my headaches, you never know!
Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have a bit more energy, as I did not do a whole lot of 'anything' today. I was just too tired, and I am dying to clean this house up!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wouldn't a massage be awesome! oh man oh man. I would have killed for one in the hosptial. hey your birthday is on the 7th! Happy Birthday Sharla! Maybe you'll get a baby for your birthday lol. Cheers, hope you're feeling better and are able to get comfy now and then. Bye!
Dyanna