Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer........so far!

Riding his bike........
Riding his bike.......helmet on backwards, of course, lol!

Mason's first time eating corn on the cob.


It's been a fairly quiet summer, really. I am currently on vacation this week. I spent Monday, and today with Mason at daycare so I could get chores done. I did get quite a bit done.



Mason has been going through a 'fearful' stage. He has been afraid to go to sleep some nights. He's scared of his window it seems. I have them covered, which I think helps. But, I also think the neighbours little girl is a bit loud when she plays outside, and I think he can hear her....and it scares him. Their house is close to ours, and when they slam their door, Mason can hear that too. But, Dave and I have been giving him lots of reassurance and love. A couple nights, Dave has slept on his floor beside his bed. But, it is getting better. Thank goodness! It really hurts, as a parent, to see your child scared or suffer in any way at all.



Mason is talking a lot now. He says things like "I did it", "I do it," "I got it," "Mommy has sticker now." All sorts of things. He also likes to sing the "A,B,C's". ANd another favorite song of his is "The Wheels on the Bus." (He likes to act out the song......it's really cute.)



1 comment:

dyannanoble said...

Hey girl!

What a precious little boy you have! he sure looks like you Sharla!

When i was a kid, i used to get terrified too (i still do). I used to be petrified of the dark, and couldn't sleep with my closet door open, or my bedroom door shut. Once, i watched "Child's Play" and was so afraid of Chucky that i slept with my back pressed against the wall. my biggest fear ws that he was under the bed and would get me if i had my back facing out into the room. I have always been petrified of dolls, too for some reason. I think its normal to have fears. Fears help us to develop instincts, which help us to survive. Its natural to fear things, and maybe Mason is just developing his instincts more. I"m glad that Dave slept on his floor. It helps a child to know their mommies and daddies are there for him.

Keep blogging, I love to read whats going on in your life!