Friday, August 03, 2007

Has it really been this long since I updated this?!

WOW! I am slacking off in blogging. What's new? Well, Mason is growing like a weed! He eats pretty much everything he is given, and today we discovered he likes cantelope.
I haven't had him weighed in awhile, but I know he is at least 20 pounds already. But he is not fat. Sure, he has round legs and he's solid, but definately not fat. I think he might be tall. He has energy to burn. His grandma was watching him today, and he wore her out! He doesn't stop moving. I am kind of worried about one thing still. He can roll from back to front, but cannot get from his stomach to back. I mean, he does everything else ok. He scoots across the floor on his bum fast, he sits well, eats well, tries to feed himself (Has done that for the past 3 months). So I hope the fact he does not do that is nothing to worry about. Plus, he doesn't crawl yet............Oh, I am such a worry wart!!
The countdown has begun. September 4th I return to work. In some ways, I am looking forward to it, but mostly I don't want to be away from my little boy. I do feel so guilty about going to work and having to leave him at daycare. But we really need the money. I am trying to enjoy the rest of the summer with Mason. We do go swimming a lot, which he likes. This weekend we are going to my dad and step-mom's house for a bit of a family reunion. That's pretty much our life right now. We haven't gone anywhere, and we probably won't. Dave is working, but I am hoping next summer we will go to British Columbia........I love the mountains! Maybe we'll go to Banff or something. Well, i have to try to update this blog more often................

2 comments:

Lisanne said...

One of my former coworkers went to Banff on her honeymoon. She *really* enjoyed it. September 4th will be here before you know it! What a transition that will be, I'm sure. Don't worry about the crawling ~ Meredith started crawling at nine months, and Lucas was only six months when he crawled. All babies are different. I'm sure that Mason is just fine!

Laura McIntyre said...

Good to hear from you, Mason sounds like he is doing wonderfully - don't worry about him not crawling or what not yet, my oldest was 9 months before she started doing the army crawl and 11 before the normal crawl. Everybody is diffrent.