Sunday, March 26, 2006

What a crappy week it's been!

I gotta say: weeks 7 & 8 of my pregnancy are NOT going well. I guess maybe I should turn this blog into a "Sharla's sickness blog." I have been horribly sick. I am still fighting this sinus infection, which has moved to my chest and turned into bronchitus. Of course, bronchitus means that my asthma flares up, and 99% of the day I am unable to breathe. Well, to top things off, on Saturday I began to be violently ill. I thought it was my "All day sickness," but after a few times of being sick, (I am usually only severley nauseated with my 'all day sickness.') I started to worry. I couldn't keep anything down at all. So finally, I went to the hospital. They hooked me up to an I.V with gravol and fluids. (It took three different attempts to get the I.V in, so I am totally bruised.). The E.R doc declared my body to be stricken with the flu, and not morning sickness. After lying there for four hours, I was deemed ok to go home. They told me to come back if I started being sick again. So, of course, I went home, still feeling somewhat ill, but managed to get some sleep. I made some jello, and that is pretty much what I have been eating. My breathing is still crappy, I move from kitchen to living room out of breathe, and my nebulizer (mask with medicine in it) doesn't even last 3 hours. It's supposed to be used only every 4 hours. I have already missed half of Wednesday, all of Thurs & Fri at work. (Sat & Sun I was off this weekend). I have a feeling going to work tomorrow won't be an option. I mean, I can't breathe at home, so how the heck will I breathe at work going up and down stairs all day long?? Of course, the money is needed, but my health is more important(as is baby's). Work will not be too impressed, even though I have already given them a Dr.'s note stating I needed off until Monday. I'll have to get another one. Thankfully my doctor is understanding, I am sure he'll agree. I think I am lucky I am not in hospital right now. If I hadn't been to the doctor on Thursday, that is where I'd be. If I leave my chest infections until they get so bad, that's what happens. I don't think Dave really understands how sick I am. He thinks I should go to work tomorrow. Dave has never seen me this sick, to the point I can't breathe well, so he doesn't understand it. I just know from past history how my body/asthma reacts to flu's and bronchial illnesses.
You know what though? I really feel guilty having had to take gravol, my amoxil(antibiotic), asthma inhalers, nebulizer meds, and even diclectin(anti- nausea morning sickness med.) Doctors have told me it is ok, as this is stuff I need in order to make me well again. They say having a mother who is well makes it easier on baby. I agree, but still find it very disheartening. I always told myself I'd never take any meds while pregnant, except my asthma meds. Well, I am only at week 8, and look at me!!! I REALLY feel bad about it. But, what can I do? My baby can't live if I am dead................! TTFN

2 comments:

cooky267 said...

im so sorry that you are sick Shar, i hope that everything starts getting better. Don't worry about taking the meds, you need to be healthy so that your baby can be healthy.

Toni

nicole said...

hey shar
i hope you are feeling better now. you havent added to your blog lately, so i guess i better call ya!