Saturday, September 16, 2006

Just a bit cold outside!!!

Okay, it's pretty cold outside, even by my standards. Usually, even up here in Canada, it does not get so cold at this time of year! I admit, I did enjoy cooler weather for a bit because it felt so nice. (It was a HOT summer!) But today it is very windy and cloudy. It wouldn't be so bad if the wind went down. Plus, it is only 7 C, which I believe is about 44 F. Not usual for here in September. Oh, I am sure there are a lot of people who think Canada has snow all year round and stuff like that, but not so! We had temperatures in the 38 C range, which is hot. I have an aqauintance in Louisville, Kentucky, and one day I heard they had an ice storm. (Last year) So, it is amazing what you learn. I honestly believed Kentucky was too far south for 'cold' weather. LOL! In grade 9, we had to label a map of all of the states, and I got 100%. But do you think I could do it now? I could probably get most of them, but not all. (Thank God we only have 10 provinces in Canada, plus the yukon territory, Northwest Territories and Nunavut) . Less to remember! LOL Well, enough about geography................... Not much new in the way of 'baby' news. Dave's friend Dale is painting the baby's room. The color is 'water chestnut.' Not too dark, it's more beige, which will be a fairly neutral color, and will match well with the teddy bear decorations I have. Dave is unable to paint, or do anything really strenuous for a bit. He had an accident at work.....he slipped on some water and fell, really hurting his back. He started physiotherepy, where they determined he has a 'bulged disc.' So he's on anti-inflammatories and tylenol #3's. We both make such a pair!!! I have trouble sleeping because it's uncomfortable going from my left side to my right side, so I am grunting and groaning, and Dave is moaning and groaning because of the pain he's in, plus he has a hard time moving around. I am trying to figure out just how the heck I am going to rake my leaves up in my back yard, since for me, bending down is very hard, as it is for Dave. I may just end up mowing up as much as I can, or I might hire my 15 year old cousin to do it. I have one tree in my yard that is almost totally bare, but the rest are pretty green still, it's so weird. But, on a good note, Dave's friend, Dale is really helpful, and the room will probably be painted totally within the next day or so. Then we can set up the crib, and finish decorating, etc! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last night, I was out with my friend, Nikki, and her hubby, Terry. Nikki is in the medical field, and good at it, and wanted to check out the baby's position, which I was all for!!! I wish I could tell how my baby was lying, but I just don't have the skill.
Well, enough babbling for now.

2 comments:

Lisanne said...

I grew up about an hour north of Louisville, KY ~ and yes, it can get *cold* there! hehe :) Indiana has a *lot* of ice but not much snow, and New York has a *ton* of snow but thankfully not much ice. Our weather has been in the 70s here lately ~ Indian summer, I guess? Sorry you're uncomfortable at night. I am, too. My pelvic area cracks when I flip over at night. :( I've been feeling that occasional queasiness that you mentioned, too. :(

Anonymous said...

hey sharla! i got a blogger blog now. Check me out one day. it's been really cold up here near Edmonton. So much for fall camping!