Thursday, September 06, 2007

Computer is back!

I am back after having my computer down for a few days! A lot is happening these days. I officially went back to work on September 4th. It was a sad day for me. I had to take my baby boy to daycare......it broke my heart! Mason cried the first day I took him there, but not for long. The second day he didn't cry because they were able to distract him from me leaving. So he has been very good. If I had a choice, I would stay home with him in a heartbeat! But, I need to work, otherwise we would be drowning in debt. I, to this day, am not sure i'll EVER get over sending my little boy to daycare this early. It wasn't my plan. My plan was to work only 2 or 3 days per week. Life never seems to go exactly as planned. But yes, I feel terribly guilty. It is pretty much all I am thinking about. I am wondering: Will this negatively affect my son? Am I going to 'ruin' him because I am a 'working' mom??? I almost hate myself for it. Hopefully Mason doesn't resent me someday. I think that if it gets to be too much, I will suck it up and find a job with better hours. I hope Mason can forgive me. :(

1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

Aww hugs, i can only imagine how tough this is for you. How did he do the rest of the week? . How did mommy do? .
Some kids thrive in a day care situation, i sometimes wish my eldest had been sent as she is behind in many areas that her nursery -sent peers are excelling in (speech and social skills mainly). He will be having a great time learning so much and surrounded by new friends. In an ideal world we could all be sahm buts then again in an ideal world everything would be free