Sunday, February 04, 2007

I almost had a heart-attack................!

I swear I almost had a heart attack yesterday! Mason and I had been out with Dave's mom (Mason's gramma), and we went back to her house. She unbundled Mason from his car seat and picked him up. As she walked away from the car seat, her foot got caught up in it, and down she went, with Mason in her arms! I saw this happening, but there was nothing I could do! She somehow landed on her right side, and I think she managed to break the fall somewhat, but Mason did hit his head on the floor, but not hard as far as I could see. But omg! I freaked. I ran and picked Mason up, asked my mother-in-law if she was ok. Mason cried, but not for long. I was worried, but thankful it was carpet. He seemed more scared than hurt, but me, not wanting to take any chances, I took Mason straight to the ER. He was checked over, and the doctor said he seemed fine. But I had to check on him every hour or so to make sure he didn't have a head injury ( My biggest fear!). If he vomited, I was to bring him back immediately. Thankfully, he was fine! During the evening he was a bit unsettled, and I figured he may have a headache. I gave him a bit of tylenol, and he rested nicely after that. Plus, I think his teething may be starting.........the drooling part, that is. Oh, and possibly a growth spurt. So I figured a small dose of tylenol couldn't hurt. My mother-in-law felt so bad, she cried. I told her it wasn't her fault, it could have happend to any one of us, it was an accident. The funny thing is, the night before this happend, I dreamed I myself dropped Mason! Weird hey? That is the second time I have had that dream. But all is well now.............I have never been more thankful in my entire life! And that is my news of the day...................

1 comment:

Lisanne said...

Oh my gosh! I'm *so* glad that Mason is OK! You're right ~ accidents like that happen sometimes. Lucas has had *so* many bumps and bruises ~ several trips to the pediatrician just to get him checked out, and one trip to the E.R. Glad your little man is doing just fine now! I would have been scared, too!