Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Baby Mason's Birth...........

Well, he has finally arrived! What an arrival it was! Mason Currie arrived on November 10th, 2006............and not without a little bit of trouble!
I was to be induced that Friday morning, and I arrived at the hospital at 8am. Dr. Jeffery did not arrive until around 9:30, and so I was just monitored until then. At approx 10am, they put this gel stuff inside of me. Nothing happend the first hour, and after that, I was allowed to go down for lunch, then come back to be monitored again. Still nothing. So I was sent home, with the warning that intense cramps could come about due to the stuff used for an induction.
Well, I was so uncomfortable, I went home to bed........and then about 4:00 that afternoon, those INTENSE cramps began to happen! Eventually, about an hour later, they were so painful, I was almost crying. I called Dave at work, and said I needed to go to the hospital NOW! He was home from work within minutes, and my mom in law was there too, As I wanted her there. At the hospital, the nurse said it probably wasn't the real deal, but they'd monitor me, etc, etc! The pain was so intense, I began to cry a bit. I hurt like heck. All of a sudden, the nurse got quiet, and suddenly she pushed a button on the wall, and all some nurses came running in, and I heard one say "Call the Dr." I was starting to worry. Then suddenly, things seemed to be ok again. The nurse, Wendy, said they were going to keep me overnight for observation. I asked what was wrong, and she said "Baby wasn't happy there for a moment." I began to cry, and she said not to worry, baby was ok at the moment. Then just a few minutes later, the Dr. on call came in to examine me, and said I was 1 cm dialated. I was still in pain by then, major pain. The Dr. on call had the anestesiologist (Spelling?) explain what would happen if I need a c-section. I was getting really worried by then. The Dr.'s left and I was continued to be monitored. Suddenly, it was like all hell broke loose! The nurse said to call the docotr, and before I knew it, I was told they need to get my son out fairly quick. It was determined that every time I was having a contraction, his heart rate would drop significantly. So off to the O.R I went. I was so scared! I was afraid of a needle in my back, I didn't want it!~ Dave was allowed to be there after they froze me from the boobs down. To make a long story short, when they took Mason out, all I could hear was, "Whoa! We have a big brute here! He must be 13 pounds!" Actually, he was only 11 pounds, 1.5 ounces, lol!!! No wonder I couldn't push him out! When Dave went to tell our families about Mason, they couldn't believe his size!! Anyhow, I was in recovery for an hour after, then moved to the maternity ward after that. I was scared the freezing wouldn't come out, and i'd stay numb forever! Anyhow, I gotta continue this story later, Mason is calling (Crying for me)...................................................................Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

again, congratulations!

Lisanne said...

I'm *so* sorry that you had to have a C-section ... you are one brave woman! I'm relieved for you that everything is over now and went just fine. How are you doing? How are you feeling? I'm sorry that I haven't been able to e-mail you or stop by your blog lately ... but you know how busy life is with a little one! hehe :) I'm really excited for you guys and wish you all the best. I *love* the name Mason! I'm sorry that you were in SO much pain during your labor. :(