Sunday, July 23, 2006

A bit of a scare......

For the past few days, (Wed, Thurs & Fri) I had been having really strange cramps happening. I was worried something was wrong with the baby, and since I hadn't felt the baby move in awhile, I went to get checked out. Around 2:30 am I arrived at the hospital, where they immediately sent me up to labor and delivery. Sandy, the nurse, was wonderful. I told her I felt really stupid about coming, but I was really worried. They asked for a urine sample, then hooked me up to the monitors. As time passed, it was clear that baby's heartbeat was good and strong, and I was having no contractions. I was very relieved at this. Sandy was so nice. She said a lot of mothers worry when they have cramps. I had had them before, but not this bad. Sandy determined that it was most likely just my uterus ligaments stretching. I eventually went home and tried to ignore the cramping. As it was about 4:30 before I got home, I didn't get to sleep until around 7 or 8 in the morning. At 1:00pm was my cousin's wedding, so I was pretty tired. After the wedding I went home for a nap before the reception. It was a nice wedding, and my cousin looked really beautiful. I love weddings! It totally reminds me of my own wedding, which was one of the happiest days of my life. It was nice to see family I don't get to see very often.

No comments: